Monday, June 26, 2006

Sometimes You Feel Like a Nut

It seems like I would just like to go through life without having to do anything difficult. I just want to do things that I enjoy and that come easy for me. But really, what kind of life would that be? I think we get the most satisfaction in life from overcoming and growing from challenges. As good as life would be with nothing to challenge us, it would be really boring too. We don't progress if we are never challenged, we would just remain in a state of stagnation.

Sometimes I feel like I have a little too many challenges. I'm not talking about big moral dilemmas or life and death situations, just little things that I feel push the limits of my capabilities, even though deep down I know I am capable of completing the task put before me. Too many of those little things can become overwhelming sometimes. Then you have to decide which challenges to really try the hardest on because it would be impossible for you to throw yourself into all of them.

It's like when you're in school and you have a hard class and you know that if you work really hard you will be able to get an A in the class. But you also have four other classes and some of them are easy but most of them require a lot of work too. You feel overwhelmed because you want to do the best you can, and you know you can get that A, but not in every class because you just don't have the time to devote enough time to get the A in every class.

No comments: