Sunday, March 09, 2008

Advice to Future L. A. Tourist

The beach is nice, I know. It's fun to walk along the beach and enjoy the breeze and pretty vistas. But for all of you who may be thinking of visiting I offer this one advice: Stay off the bike paths! This has been a pet peeve of ours since we started riding bikes along the bike path. The path is clearly marked as bikes only, yet we are constantly having to dodge people who are strolling down the bike path on foot. This is especially a problem from Venice to Santa Monica beaches where it can get very crowded. We don't want to mow down unsuspecting tourists, but they are on our path! There are usually separate walkways for people without bikes, so when you come out, take note of which path you are on.

If you go down farther south towards LAX the beaches are not so crowded, especially right now. It has been nice to ride bikes down where there are not so many people. There are a lot of people in L.A., but I am starting to see that you can find places that are not so crowded. As further proof I give you the picture below, from a bike path along a canal. It reminds me of the canal up the street from where I grew up where I used to ride my bike when I was younger. Except this one is paved. Sweet, no bumps!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe just yell "Bikes Only!" and then if they don't move or catch on, maybe they want to be run over. :)

PS See you guys in a month!!!

Unknown said...

Actually, I have witnessed Woody do that several times (only he didn't ever run them over). he he