Sunday, March 30, 2008

Mountain Biking

We tried something a little new this weekend, mountain biking. Steve went last weekend with the first counselor in our bishopric, Levi Heath, and I thought it sounded like fun. So yesterday Steve took Robert and I up to Sullivan Canyon in the Santa Monica Mountains and we randomly ran into Levi when we got there. Thanks to Wendy we were saved a couple miles of uphill biking because she was able to drop us off at the trail head. We still got a good workout with all the uphill we did have to bike up, but it was pretty and it was nice cool weather. At the top of the mountain was an old NIKE missile sight. It used to be a lookout to spot bombs before they hit L.A., so we could shoot off defense missiles. Of course, after the top there was no where else to go but down, down, down the canyon. I did not emerge unscathed as I took an embarrassing little fall and scraped up my leg. But as I told Robert a million times, "I'm okay!" I was a lot more careful after that as you can tell from the video below.


2 comments:

emmalily said...

How fun! You guys are so awesome - always on a new adventure. When Christian gets a free weekend (which will be like 3 years from now, sadly), we need to adventure with you!

Gibbles N Bit said...

looks like fun!
you're such a tough-babe, Melarie.