Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Finally, she rolls!

Julia rolled over yesterday! I had just finished feeding her so I laid her down on her back instead of her tummy so she wouldn't spit up everything she had just eaten. Then I looked away for a minute, and heard her making muffled noises like she does when she is on her tummy and is putting her face down. "Wait a minute, but I just put her down on her back!" I looked at her again and sure enough she had rolled over while I wasn't watching. So I flipped her over on her back again and she rolled onto her tummy again for me (then I made her do it again and again and again).

You can hear me talking to Robert on the phone telling him about it. I called him right away because I was just so excited she finally flipped. She's been getting pretty mobile lately, reaching for toys on her side and moving around by kicking her legs (she just needs to start using her arms and she might actually get somewhere), so I had been expecting the roll any day.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Woohoo! She looks great. Eli can go from tummy-back but he rarely does. Go Julia!

Unknown said...

Woohoo Julia!! She is such a smarty and now she is on the move.

Denise said...

Wow Julia that is great!! Keep it up and you will be crawling anyday. Love YA

Wendy said...

The overachiever strikes again- you go girl!

Jenn said...

Hooray for Julia! And for Melarie- congrats, you have the beginnings of a mobile baby. The world is about to change:)

Maxine Parrish said...

Congratulations, Julia! That's so exciting! And really, she is so so so adorable. I just can't get over it.

Mimi Nowland said...

She is so cute! It is very exciting, crawling is so fun.

mini-wheats said...

Uh oh...get ready to hide all your valuables! She'll be crawling in no time!