Monday, September 21, 2009

Havasupai and San Diego

Last weekend Robert went with some of his friends to Havasu Falls near the Grand Canyon, so Julia and I took off for the weekend too and visited my cousin in San Diego. We had so much fun with my cousin Katrina and her husband Bret and little one year old girl Ali. Ali was especially excited to see us every morning. She loved looking at Julia and figuring out what Julia was all about. I guess that's a good thing since she is going to have a little brother in a couple months. Anyway, so we visited the temple grounds, saw the beach at Torrey Pines, saw the beach at La Jolla Cove, went to the beach at Coronado Island (cool jets), ate lunch and flew a kite at the beach at Mission Bay (all on different days)...sensing a theme ? It was awesome!
All Robert's pictures were so beautiful, I had a hard time picking which ones to post. I don't think it's possible to take a bad picture at Havasupai. Sounds like they had a great time hiking all over the canyon. There is no road down to the bottom of the canyon, so you either have to backpack or ride horses in for ten miles to the campground, or pay for a helicopter ride in. After you get to the campground you hike around to see all the waterfalls too. It looks like it's worth it though. I hope I can go and see it all someday too!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow! Great pictures. I love the San Diego temple. So gorgeous. Looks like we need to take a trip to Havasupai Falls! That is so pretty. I'm glad you had fun. And Julia is adorable in those pictures!

Unknown said...

All those pictures are gorgeous! What great little trips for each of you to take. I love the San Diego temple too! And Julia is beautiful!!

Pikula's said...

Really pretty, San Diego is one of my favorite places!!

Denise said...

I love the picture of you and Julia at the temple! The temple always make me smile too! I'm glad everyone had a fun trip and made it home safe and sound. Love ya!