Monday, June 04, 2012

Our Last Week in Virginia

We move in four days!  This past week has been a lot of fun and a lot of getting ready to move. Luckily we have movers so we don't have to do a lot of packing, but there's still a lot to get organized.

This past week we went to the zoo with Robert's work. Robert had his camera out the whole time, but as we were walking back to our car he said "I didn't take any pictures of the kids." So we have plenty of pictures of the orangutans on the o-line, but this is the only picture we have of Julia- Julia and Robert eating ice cream. Robert's new hobby is photography so he was more interested in getting good pictures than taking pictures of the kids.

We also had to run down the gas on our car before it gets shipped to California, so the kids and I took a drive out to Frying Pan Farm Park where we saw the animals, rode the carousel, and went on a wagon ride.

Micah spent the day under a burp cloth because I couldn't find his hat.

We have a million pictures of Micah just smiling but he's just so cute I can't resist taking more.

Finally, yesterday we were given tickets spur of the moment to a Nationals baseball game but got there after the game started and couldn't find any parking. So Robert and Julia had a daddy/daughter date at the baseball game while Micah and I drove the car over to the National Mall and went to the National Gallery of Art, one of the few place in in DC I hadn't been to yet that was on my list of things to see.

1 comment:

Joyful Noise said...

So glad you got to go to the museum of art. Isn't it amazing? My jaw almost hit the floor when I saw the Monets. The depth was incredible. I just loved looking at just one little square inch, which just looked like globs of paint, then taking a step back and looking at the whole scene! Incredible!