Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Camden

Camden William Wheat was born Sunday, October 6, 2013. More details later, but basically I had irregular contractions from about 1:00 am- 6:00 am, then they stopped. I figured it was just false labor and that I was not going to have a baby that day, but maybe sometime in the next couple days. My father-in-law was even visiting and we told him we probably weren't going to have the baby that day and sent him home to Arizona.

 An hour after he left, around 10:00 am, the contractions started up again, but still irregular. So I still wasn't sure I was really in labor. They eventually started getting closer together and stronger though, so I called my visiting teacher to warn her we might need her to watch the kids that day (she knew we were going to call if we had the baby that week). An hour after I called, I called back and said I'm pretty sure were going to have this baby today, can you come over now. The contractions had quickly gone from irregular to down to every 3 minutes lasting 60 seconds and it was getting difficult to concentrate during them. 


I was admitted dilated to a 6 around 2:00 p.m. and three hours later Camden was born at 5:11 p.m.! 

8 lbs 13 oz. 
(as soon as he came out everyone said, "wow! what a big baby!" He looked small to Robert and I, but I guess we aren't used to seeing newborns everyday. )
19 1/2 in.

I thought he looked a lot like Julia at birth. Later, he looked a little like Micah. Now he just looks like Camden.




No comments: