Friday, November 02, 2007

The Proposal

*If you haven't read the previous post you should before reading this one*
Three years ago today was November 2, 2004, election day. President George W. Bush was running against Senator John Kerry. That day I went and cast my first presidential ballot, in some random BYU building on University Ave. That evening Robert and I were hanging out at my apartment and he leaned over to me and whispered, “Do you want to go make out?”

Now this caught my attention and brought back a memory from when we were first dating. Robert had told me that one of his friends had planned to propose to his future wife, but they were with a big group of friends and he didn’t know how to get her alone. So he asked her (discreetly of course) “Do you want to go make out?” Robert seemed to really get a kick out of that story. So when he leaned over and did the same thing, I immediately was suspicious.

We decided to go for a walk by taking the Provo River Parkway towards Robert’s apartment. He was acting kind of distracted so I definitely knew it was coming. We walked over a bridge and stopped and looked over the river. For some reason we did something very unromantic, we started spitting over the bridge. Then we were talking on the bridge and Robert got down on one knee and proposed. Since he had not had enough time to get a real ring yet, he proposed with a purple CTR ring. I of course said yes and then jumped up and down and hugged him. A few minutes later he let his roommate come out of the bushes who had been secretly filming it and we went back to their apartment to watch the tape and see who had won the election.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that story! So cute! It is crazy to think back on all those kind of memories and just laugh about what each other was thinking and how it all came to be. Great story!

Ashley A. said...

That was fun to learn about your story together. I hope things are going well for you guys in LA! It sounds like you have a really cool job.

Melanie said...

whoever said that spitting wasn't romantic?? :). I love all the little insights into your life!

John Christopher said...

"We walked over a bridge and stopped and looked over the river. For some reason we did something very unromantic, we started spitting over the bridge."

Lol, I love that part. Do have the video of the proposal?