Saturday, April 26, 2008

Dodgers Game!

(It was Joe Torre Bobble head Night. I haven't figured out yet what we're going to do with two of these little guys)

It's that time of year again, baseball season. We went to our first Dodger game of the season on Friday. Robert loves going to Dodgers games, and I..., well, I love being with Robert. Seriously, the games are fun for me, but I tend to spend more time watching the other people than watching the game (and I do really enjoy people watching). I think Robert just has such a better understanding of the game than I do so he knows exactly whats going on. To me, they throw the ball, hit it or miss it, and run around the basses. But ask Robert what's going on and he'll tell you what the coaches are thinking, why the pitcher walked a guy, why the batter hit a fly ball etc. He is really good at explaining things to me, too, so maybe one day I'll figure out what's going on.

Friday's game was pretty exciting and even I spent a lot of time actually watching the game. The Dodgers played the Rockies and had seven runs in the first four innings. They managed to hold the Rockies to six (even though the Dodgers themselves didn't score any more) until the ninth inning. In the ninth inning the Rockies scored one run, so the game went into overtime. We decided we were going to stick it out until the end of the game. And then the game just kept going and going. Well, the Dodgers finally scored a run in the 13th inning and we all got to go home. By that time I secretly didn't care which team scored a run as long as we didn't go into another inning (but of course I was very happy it was the Dodgers). Next game: June 5 vs. the Cubs, Takashi Saito Bobblehead night!
Typical Robert. He's checking the scores from other games on his Blackberry.

I don't know if you can make out the time in this picture, but it says 12:21, A.M. That's what time the game ended after 13 innings. Whew!He he. We probably should have taken a picture of us together before midnight when we still looked awake.

1 comment:

Mbeth said...

wow mel i am impressed. You probably would have to drag me to a baseball game and promise me all you can eat hotdogs to get me to go, let alone stay for 13 innings. wow.