Saturday, September 27, 2008

We Have Internet Again!

Now that we have internet again I sort of feel obligated to post something. Let's see...

If you would like to see what has kept me super busy at work recently visit LA Family Services. That is our blog for all the families that we have been signing up for our Christmas Adopt-A-Family program. I had never heard of Adopt-A-Family before, but it is basically like Sub for Santa. We are signing up the families that we have been helping this year and could use some extra help at Christmas. The site is for the people who decide they want to sponsor a family. They can go to the site and read about the families, look at the family sizes and ages and genders of the children (some people are really picky about that) and let us know what family they want. Oh, and if anyone in L.A. wants to adopt a family themselves or with a group let me know (last year at work we adopted a family and everyone was in charge of one person in the family) . Unfortunately not all the families we sign up will be adopted, we just don't have that many sponsors, so every extra sponsor helps. =)
Robert and I also went to a concert at the Disney Concert Hall on Thursday. I was excited because when I took the tour of the hall a few years ago they took us all around the building, except in the actual theater. So I finally got to see inside the theater. It was really intimate feeling because there were seats all around the stage. We got to hear the LA Philharmonic and were literally right above the orchestra. In the picture above we were on the right side, in the right section, second row, aisle seats. It was fun to be that close to the orchestra and actually be able to see them. Robert was kept entertained by a lady violin player in the first row who was really into the music and was moving all over the place. I kept waiting for her to knock over the music stand of the person behind her.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a fabulous looking theater. What a fun concert. And I hope your Adopt-a-family goes well. The youth here do something called Elf Louise and they are given about 10 families, we go and drop off gifts to them that people have donated and sponsored. It is really fun!

Sarah said...

Awesome! I got to sing in there a few years ago, and it was really neat. It's such a cool looking hall. Glad your internet is back!

Gibbles N Bit said...

Wasn't that cool? I loved it!

Krissy said...

OH ROBERT WHEAT! are you kidding me. I am making so many discoveries today! I was blog hopping on Rachel's blog and came across you and your wife. I"M SOOO EXCITED! I haven't seen or talked to you in YEARS! Like 10. WOW... so how are you doing?! Well i know cause I can read your blog. I'm just so excited!