Friday, March 27, 2009

Happy Birthday Robert!

Today is Robert's birthday so I dedicate this post as an ode to Robert. I am so in love with him and it's hard sometimes not to just take for granted all his great qualities. Sentimental posts are not my strong point, so I'm just going to go through our day yesterday and express how grateful I am for some of the qualities he exhibited yesterday.

Robert is very supportive and caring. He has been to almost every one of my doctor's appointments. Yesterday morning we had our second appointment this week (more on that later) and despite being in the middle of busy season Robert still went. We were there for more than two hours, so it was nice to have Robert there cracking jokes and talking to me while we had to wait for an hour, be seen, and then wait again.

After the doctor's appointment we went out to lunch. Once again, it's was just nice to be with him. How can anyone not enjoy being around him? He's cheerful and smart and he makes me get that milkshake when I'm debating about it and not feel guilty for spending too much.

Robert is smart, thorough, and hardworking. We have been thinking of getting our 1950's windows replaced on our house, and I am so glad that I have Robert leading the way on this decision. Its a big decision to decide who we want to go with to replace our windows and which window to get, but I have full confidence in Robert to find us the best company to go with. He has been busy checking out the backgrounds of all the seven company's we have been thinking about and doing research on all the different kinds of windows. He has spent a lot of time on that, and still working and doing everything else he does. This is so typical Robert though. I feel like I can trust him to make good, informed decisions (not that I have no say, but he just lays the information right out for me, I don't have to do much)

Also, on how he is hard working, yesterday morning our front lawn was a huge tract of dead grass. As of yesterday afternoon it is a huge tract of dirt, and hopefully soon it will be seeded with new grass and we will have a nice front lawn. Robert racked up the entire lawn, with some help from new "friends" from the parking lot of Home Depot. I also think Robert is very brave to walk up to strangers at the hardware store like that. One reason why I could never get a long without Robert.

Robert is also very funny, sometimes when he doesn't realize it. After spending all afternoon outside digging up the old lawn, and most of the evening driving around looking at window installation jobs, he was exhausted when we finally sat down to watch "The Office". He fell asleep halfway through it, on the floor because I kicked him off the couch so I could lie down because my back was hurting (see how sweet he is). After I got him up to bed I was just looking at him sleep and he said from his sleep, "stop breathing on me." I responded that he was just so cute I just wanted to watch him sleep, to which he responded by rolling over so he was facing away from me and saying "take that. hmm." Okay, so maybe you had to be there for that one, but I thought it was pretty funny. Anyway, I'm so grateful to have Robert in my life for one more year and hopefully many more years to come. Happy Birthday Robert!

4 comments:

Mbeth said...

happy birthday rob.
i love sleep talking stories.

Mbeth said...

have you had your baby yet? I am excited as christmas morning for her to make her entrance. Tell her to hurry up.

Chris Sandberg said...

So a few days ago we all went out to eat just because. Since we don't usually eat out unless its a special occasion I asked why we were eating out on that day. Mom said we were celebrating Rob's birthday.

Mimi Nowland said...

Happy Birthday! We really enjoyed spending time with both of you.