Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Jason Aldean

On St. Patricks Day, Robert, Matt H.(one of Robert's friends from work) and I went to a Jason Aldean* concert at the House of Blues in Hollywood. We didn't get any good photos, so my visuals are courtesy of Google. I loved that this concert was at the House of Blues because it is such a small venue. We were right up by the stage so we could actually see Jason Aldean. We could see his facial expressions and it kind of felt like he could see you since there aren't all that many people there (it's a packed room, but def. not like being in a concert at a stadium). And really, who wasn't looking at the pregnant lady? (I felt a little conspicuous) It was a fun way to celebrate St. Patricks day and my last week of work.

Yup, yesterday was my last day of work. My co-workers threw a surprise baby shower for me, which was very sweet of them. I totally should have figured it out but I was so focused on getting all my work wrapped up I didn't even notice what was going on until someone came and got me for an "emergency staff meeting," and it still took me a couple seconds to suspect anything. After work when I got on the bus lugging two bags of baby stuff I realized I had misplaced my keys somewhere, so I had to call Robert to come home ASAP so I wouldn't be stuck at the Park & Ride(he usually stays a couple hours longer than I do). Then my phone went dead so I had to just trust he was coming for me. And he did. He's so sweet to just pack up and leave in the middle of his work. My keys, btw, were sitting on the front seat of our car at the Park & Ride. Oops. At least the car was locked and there was a guard at the Park & Ride. It reminds me of my very first day of work when our car died twice and I had to get it jumped by someone in our apartment parking lot, and then by a coworker.

It hasn't quite sunk in yet that on Monday I won't have to get up early and make the commute into L.A. and I will finally have time to get things done. Bring on the deep cleaning nesting.

And finally, here's what Robert's looking like these days.
My stipulation for him growing out his beard was as long as he shaved it all before the baby comes, even if it means taking an extra 20 minutes for Robert to shave before we go to the hospital. Thankfully he's not going to wait that long. He's slowly getting it shaved.

*For those of you who have no idea who Jason Aldean is, he is a country singer and you can hear some of his songs on our blog playlist. Also note that it was Robert who just had to get tickets to this concert when he heard about it. Surprisingly, he and Matt are both really big country fans.

3 comments:

The Thackers said...

In high school, I would never have guessed Robert would EVER like country! LOVE the beard!!

mini-wheats said...

no bob. No

Mimi Nowland said...

I was just wondering when your last day of work would be! I'm sure you are excited to meet your baby.