Saturday, April 11, 2009

Contraction Master!

Since I can't sleep I thought I'd write a little about a fabulous invention that I am much appreciative about right now. Back when I first got pregnant I was watching A Baby Story on TLC and the couple was timing the contractions using a website. At the time I thought it was kind of ridiculous, I mean, can't you just look at your watch? Well, yesterday evening I started to feel more regular and stronger contractions than my daily dose of Braxton Hicks contractions (those were getting pretty annoying) and decided I better actually time the contractions. I thought back to that episode and it dawned on me how useful that might actually be. So I did a google search for "contraction timer" and the first site that popped up was Contraction Master. I set up the laptop on my nightstand and tried to fall asleep. All I had to do to time the contractions was push a button when one starts and push it again when it ends. So now I have this online log telling me how long and how far apart my contractions have been since about 10:00 last night (except for about 2 hours it looks like I did fall asleep) and all I had to do was sleepily push a button. They started out about 20 minutes apart and are now down to about 7 minutes apart.

Update: Darn it, they died down again. A very restless night for nothing? They were definitely very regular. I think I need to go walk around the mall, after I take a nap.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh woohoo! That's so exciting! I wonder if you'll have an easter baby

Wendy said...

It looks like Julia may come soon- let us know! Have a speedy delivery and remember that an epidural can be your friend :)

Mbeth said...

yeah i wish i'd known about that.

they start to get harder it's a lot easier to push a button rather than say anything.

6-7 minutes, that's a good start. keep encouraging them! i went shopping at the mall with my mom and sister

Unknown said...

You look great in all your belly shots, and I'm guessing she is coming SOON!