Tuesday, May 12, 2009

One Month!


Today Julia turns one month old! It's amazing how time flies by with a little one (I think its because the days all meld together from lack of sleep). She is doing great. She's finally figured out that nighttime means its time to sleep and will usually only wake up once at night, and then she eats and goes right back to sleep. Of course, that's usually what she does during the day too (and yet she is still so much work!), but she's started being nice to me and sleeping for longer stretches at night.

You can probably tell from the pictures that she is getting big. She seems so smart to me and I think of her as her own little person. She's got her own personality and I really look forward to when she will be able to interact more with us. It's going to be so much fun to get to know her. Even though mommyhood has been much harder than I expected it to be for me, I still am loving it and loving it more and more everyday as I get used to this new lifestyle.

I still don't know if I can officially say Julia is smiling for real, but she does seem to smile a lot more than she used to when Robert and I are talking to her. The cutest thing she does is smile and chuckle in her sleep. I don't know what that all is about (is she really smiling and laughing?) but it sure is adorable.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I can't believe it's already a month. If you told me it was last week, I'd believe you. I bet she is smiling for you- we got a few "genuine" smiles from daniel about that age. She sure is precious.

Unknown said...

Love her!!! And the smile and chuckles during sleep were funny. Tyler has ONLY chuckled in his sleep. Keep her on the routine and she should sleep well at night.