Saturday, May 23, 2009

Time for an Update

It's been a couple weeks since I posted, but really there's not much interesting going on around here...so I'll just have to bore you with the mundane details of our lives and post a few random pictures. Julia's still getting big. Everywhere I go people think she is older than she really is because she looks so big. She actually stays awake now for a while after she finishes eating, but still managed to sleep all through church today and through most of the BBQ we went to yesterday. She seems to want to save her grouchy time for only Robert and I =) .

Robert took a couple days off of work this week to sand down the frames on our windows so we can paint them after we replace all the actual windows in the next few weeks.

The big excitement today was some idiot speeding down our street, lose control of his car, and run into a tree a few houses down from us. I looked out the window to see what had happened and saw someone running down the street, so I looked to see where he was running to when the neighbor across the street ran out of her house screaming at him not to ditch. Turns out it was the driver running away.

We're looking forward to our summer plans visiting family. We have my family reunion in June, my brother's wedding in July, and Robert's sister's wedding in August, plus Robert wants to do a camping trip in September. Any tips on traveling with a two/three/four/five month old? We'll be driving ten hours in June and flying for both the weddings.

Okay, here's the pictures.Julia gets lots of kisses from Daddy.
And lots of snuggle time with me. And this is her being pretty in her Sunday dress. We have a picture with the full dress too, but she was screaming in that one, so not as cute. BTW, can you tell how she likes to be held best? Half the time she's crying I just put her up on my shoulder and she stops.

3 comments:

Mitzi said...

Sam always saved his grumpy time for us too. People would comment "Oh, he's such a well behaved baby!" and I would look at them like they were psychotic.

Advice on traveling? I've got nothing for the car part of it, but for the plane...2 thing.
#1 - Don't try to wield your stroller through the airport. If you have a Baby Bjorn or a sling...use that. SO MUCH easier.
#2 - Nurse or give her a bottle on take off and landing. It'll help with her ears.

Jenn said...

Oh, she is getting big! Love the look on her face in that last pic.
I'd recommend camping now before she gets too big/too mobile:).
I wish I had traveling tips for you, I wish you good luck!

Mimi Nowland said...

I can't believe how big she is getting. Thanks for the post, we love to see pictures. Good luck with the traveling, I am sure you all will handle it well. My only advice is allow extra time for feedings, changes, etc.