Sunday, July 11, 2010

15 Months


Julia is 15 months now and she has changed so much in the past few months. She is much more like a toddler now than a baby. She has recently started to go over to her books, pull them off the shelf and flip through the pages and look at the pictures in the books, all without me! I think it's super cute. Luckily she started doing this just before our road trip last week, so it kept her pretty happy in the car flipping through the books. Her favorite book is Piper the Piglet because it is about a little piglet who has a new beachball, and Julia loves balls. She is always bringing the book over to me and making the sign for ball over and over.

She is also always so busy. It is fun to watch her with her toys when she is playing alone because she seems to have a plan to what she is doing. This toy goes here, this one goes there. Pit stop to play with her piano, then back to work arranging the toys. She loves the pool and playing outside. She'll take my hand and drag me to the door when she wants to go out. But she knows she needs her shoes before she can go out, so I'll stall by telling her to go find her shoes and she goes frantically searching for her shoes.

She'll give me a kiss and a hug if I ask her, but she will only give her daddy a kiss and hug if I tell her to. When she gives hugs she'll sometimes pat you on the back. She likes to give her dolls hugs and kisses too.

She will also show you where her ears, nose, and belly button are.

She loves dance and to be chased.

Julia likes to test limits too. She knows what it means when I tell her no, but she'll just hang around right out of reach of what I just told to stay away from. Or she'll just give you a smile like its a game and see how long it will take you to stop her.

Julia also is a chatterbox. She is always talking to me and to herself. She says mama and dadda a lot. She also knows doggy (which sounds a lot like dadda), socks, shoes, (more or less) and banana. She loves banana's now, which is kind of weird because she never used to. Now she sees a banana and goes "NANA, NANA, NANA!"

1 comment:

Rachey said...

Julia has such a personality already, I love it!