Friday, April 29, 2011

Let the bow making begin


This funny little smile is because she is watching The Little Mermaid. It's how I got her to sit still long enough to take a picture

Julia really loves her hairbows, maybe a little too much. She likes to take them out of her hair and play with them, she loves to put multiple (like 5-10) bows in her hair at a time and admire herself in the mirror, and she even likes to take a handful to bed with her.

It's all very sweet and girly, but the problem is she is losing them like crazy. I find them all over the place but I'm afraid I just can't keep up with finding them as fast as she loses them. So I've reached the point (that many mothers of girls reach, I'm sure) where I've decided I need to start making them myself.
I got a pack of fifty alligator clips thinking that was probably way too many, found a website with instructions on how to make hairbows, and got out all the odds and ends ribbon and scrapbooking supplies I had that might look like a cute bow. Three days into this and I've already used half my alligator clips, and yet, it doesn't even feel like we have that many yet. Here's what you may see Julia sporting around from now on (if she will leave them in):

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are cute bows! Great job, and keep on making them. She will be even more beautiful wearing them.

Maxine Parrish said...

Really cute bows! This is one the reasons I dread ever having a girl...