Thursday, March 29, 2012

One Week

Happy one week birthday Micah! It's hard to believe it was only one week ago that Micah was born. It seems like he's been a part of our family for much longer than that.

It's also hard to believe that only one week ago I was pregnant and sitting in the hospital. The recovery from this birth has been a lot faster than with Julia and besides the lack of sleep I almost feel normal again. Part of it is a faster physical recovery. I was up walking around a couple hours after Micah was born, but with Julia I don't think I got out of bed until sometime the next day.

Part of it is psychological. Micah eats really well and I've had no problems nursing him, so there is no frustration there. I also just know what to expect (like I got almost no sleep in the first 48 hours and was okay because I was expecting not to get much sleep) and know better what to do. Whenever I get a feeling of "oh no, my life is never going to be the same again" I know that it's mostly the hormones and the feeling will pass. I also know in a few months things will settle down again and I should just enjoy having an innocent little newborn because that stage goes by so quickly.

Here's our handsome little man.

3 comments:

Anne said...

He is SO beautiful. And he has a very expressive face! I love your perspective. It does go by so fast. I miss the days when they were content just to be in my arms. You are an amazing mom.

Heidi said...

He is seriously adorable. I know I'm not good about commenting, but I just can't help it after seeing that darling face. I am due in 6 weeks and hoping it just flies by. Really hoping. Good luck with your adjustment to 2!

Sarah said...

Oh he is so cute!!! You sound like you're doing amazing. You have a great attitude/perspective. Way to go. I bet Julia is adorable with him! He is beautiful!