Sunday, July 20, 2008

Birthday Flowers













Robert got me these pretty flowers for my birthday. We were a sight coming home on the bus on Friday, I was carrying a big cake that my co-workers had gotten me, and Robert was carrying two giant bouquets of flowers.

Friday we also rode the Waterbus, the water taxi that goes around Marina Del Rey, for the first time this summer. It was weird not to see Woody lounging around on the dock. He is on his mission and obviously does not work for the Waterbus anymore. It was a nice relaxing ride until the giant group of teenagers got on and filled the back of the bus.
For my birthday Robert and I went to Home Depot and got color swatches galore (Later on we also went to the movies and out to dinner with Steve and Wendy). Here are some of the colors we like. I think we'll go safe with neutrals for the front rooms and maybe go a little more crazy for the bedrooms. The first pallet are colors for the front and living room, second is for bathroom #1, and third is bathroom #2. I've been looking at colors all evening and that is as far as I have gotten! We had our house inspections and still feel good about the house, so we are going ahead with the offer. So now we are in escrow and cutting waaay back on our spending so we can actually afford to paint our house in another month.

4 comments:

Mbeth said...

i like the colors. I think those are good choices. I am actually impressed you could make that many choices in one night. I think my brain would explode with that many decisions in one night. Happy Birthday bytheway.

Sarah said...

How exciting! We're so excited for you guys. And happy late birthday! (sorry) Just a little advice since we just painted our house: tape everything! It's a pain, but it's worth it and saves you time in the end. I like all your colors. Yea for you guys!

Unknown said...

Great Birthday celebrations!! Those are beautiful flowers! And I love those paint colors, that green color is gorgeous and will look great in the bathroom! Have fun choosing more house decorating stuff! I am also impressed that you could decide on colors so fast, I can't even focus on paint colors yet, too many choices. :)

mini-wheats said...

It looks like you had a great birthday! We can't wait to see you guys in about a month.