Wednesday, July 23, 2008

What If?

Lately I've been wondering what it would have been like if Robert and I had known each other in high school. Would we have been friends? Dated? Barely even known each other? Robert and I discussed it and agreed that we probably would have known each other and maybe have been friends, but probably not dated. There are two scenarios, one is if we had known each other in Idaho where Robert went to school, the other if we had known each other in Utah where I went to school.

In Idaho we would have been two of like five LDS kids in the entire school. So we probably would have gone to seminary together, been in the same ward, gone on activities etc. We definitely would have spent a lot of time together, and I think we would have gotten along well as teenagers. In Utah we would have been two of hundreds of LDS kids in the school. However, we both did cross-country in high school, and the cross country team had less than 15 people on it. I knew all the cross-country team members and we spent a lot time together at practices.

So we would have known each other. Probably would have been friends, but not dated. That is because Robert is two years older than me. So when I was a sophomore, he was a senior! How cool would I have been dating a senior as a sophomore. He he. Yeah, it wouldn't have happened. I'm very glad that we both decided to go to BYU and were able to meet each other. =)

(This is Robert and I on a night hike up to the Y when we were dating)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't is funny to think back and wonder "what if?" I like those 2 scenarios and your conclusions. haha A senior and a sophmore, it happened at my high school (not with me of course) I really liked this post I might have to copy the idea! :) Love you guys!

Denise said...

I think you also would have been at our house a lot if you had lived in Idaho. It was a busy place! I miss those days sometimes. Love you!

Rachey said...

I would of been a Freshman when Ryan was a Senior, so I think it actually would have been creepy if we dated. I probably would have had a crush on him from afar.