Sunday, July 13, 2008

The votes are in..

The votes are in and the winner for where Robert and Melarie should live is ...Claremont!Honestly, this is not surprising since Claremont is widely known as a good place to live. From Wikipedia:

Claremont is a college town and artistic community in eastern Los Angeles County, California, USA, about 30 miles (45 km) east of downtown Los Angeles at the base of the San Gabriel Mountains. The population as of 2000 is 33,999. Claremont is endowed with a rich history, it is known for its seven higher-education institutions, its tree-lined streets, and its historic buildings.[1] In July 2007 it was rated by Money magazine as the fifth best place to live in the United States, and was the highest rated place in California on the list.[2] Due to its large number of trees and residents with doctorates, it is known as "the City of Trees and PhDs."

I apologize for the paucity of recent posts, but house searching has consumed most of our time recently. We made on offer on a house (in Claremont, see we do listen do our friends and family) and are now in escrow. We have another five days or so to walk away if we find anything majorly wrong with the house and after that it will be another month or so to finish escrow. The house is a bank owned and may have some issues with the roof and pool, so right now we are planning as if we will be moving beginning of September, but not counting on it so we don't get too disappointed if it doesn't happen. I am a little excited, but I am trying not to think about it too much and get really excited in case something happens and we don't end up getting the house. With that in mind I am not going to post any pictures or give details until we know we are getting this house. It should be an eventful month for us anyhow.

5 comments:

Rachey said...

Hold up a second, you're buying a place with a pool!!!!!!! Wow, extremely jealous here. Congrats, I hope everything works out.

Mbeth said...

how fun, a real house. i am very jealous. I just want a patch of land I can call my own and grow a bunch of tomatoes.

Unknown said...

Yippee!! We are so excited for this house and hope everything goes well. Congrats!

mini-wheats said...

dude, I said Fullerton!!! or San Dimas!!!!! its cool though I mean its only 8 minutes away from one of the opt colleges!!!!

Leslie said...

Hey congrats on a potential house! I'm excited for you guys. First-time, well-qualified buyers are the ONLY people benefiting from this horrendous market, it seems. Yeah for you guys capitalizing on an opportunity! Can't wait to hear how things go.

I was really nervous when we bought our house, but I'm so glad we did it. I love owning our own place and feeling like I want to take care of it-- unlike when we were renting. Ugh. Anyway, it's fun to be a homeowner. Good luck!