Sunday, January 27, 2008

Active Activity Part II: The Bike Ride

This weekend our active activity was a bike ride with Robert's Uncle Steve and Aunt Wendy. We have done this before by riding from the (Sr.) Wheat's home to Venice beach (which is always good for people watching) and then either riding the bike path north to Santa Monica or south until we get tired. This week we decided to go a little farther south than Robert and I have gone in the past, so we loaded up the bikes on the truck and drove down to Dockweiler Beach. The bike ride south was tough because the wind was blowing against us.
FYI: I look cold in the picture but don't worry, I really wasn't. I brought a jacket but took it off. We really were working hard riding against the wind.

We made it down to Hermosa Beach and stopped at the pier to look around. At the end of the pier was a little aquarium where you could touch some of the sea creatures and look at(but definitely not touch) fish, sharks, and other sea life. The ride back was terrific, since the wind was now going with us. I was glad there was a little break in the rain we have been getting all week so we could get out and do something fun.
See how responsible Wendy and I are, the sign said you may touch the animals with one finger.
Hey, I just noticed this was our 100th post!

2 comments:

Maxine Parrish said...

Looks like a fun ride! I miss the beach...

Unknown said...

What a fun bike ride! You guys are awesome and way to stick to your active goal. David wants to take a bike ride too!