Thursday, January 03, 2008

Help with New Year Resolution

One of my resolutions was to start reading my scriptures more consistently. While browsing online for a Book of Mormon reading schedule I came across this website, http://www.readthescriptures.com/. After you create an account you can choose which book you want to read and how long you want to take to read it. Then they will send your daily scripture reading to your e-mail. If you are already halfway through a book you can choose where in the book you want to start your schedule. Or, if you want to follow the Gospel Doctrine B of M reading schedule you can select that schedule as your schedule. You can also print off your reading schedule if you just want to have a visual, but not acutally read at the computer.

So far I am doing well using this program because I am a habitual e-mail checker, so having my daily scripture reading right there in my e-mail reminds me about it. We'll see how it goes for the rest of the year.

2 comments:

Rachey said...

Thats so cool, so the scripture is actually there in your e-mail? That would be great for me!

Anonymous said...

BRILLIANT! We're totally going to try it!