Thursday, February 12, 2009

Whew

Today at my doctor's appointment my doctor surprisingly did a quick ultrasound and, among other things, told us that we still have a baby girl. So now I can wash all my baby clothes this weekend and not feel apprehensive that we may never use them if our baby turns out to really be a boy. Rest assured, this baby is a girl.

The doctor also said she could see the baby "practice" breathing. Babies don't breath in the womb, but I guess they do practice breathing by moving their diaphragm, something I had never heard about. So baby still looks good and healthy.

I was really confused why the doctor did the ultrasound though, but it was a pleasant surprise (even if it only lasted a minute). At the last appointment I had specifically asked if they would do another ultrasound and the doctor said only if they thought something might be wrong. But today she said that the baby looked good so I don't know why we had it done today. Maybe it wasn't really considered an ultrasound? It was a different machine than last time... I don't know, but really, I don't care as long as my baby is healthy.

Also today, one of the nurses commented on how small I was, like everyone does when I tell them how far along I am. And the doctor said, "she's not small, she's was just skinny." (talking about me.) Thank you doctor! I have gained the recommended amount of weight and my baby is just fine, so there (to everyone who keeps telling me I look small). And when I think of how much my baby still has left to grow, I don't want to be big yet!

P.S. Thanks for the baby book recommendations!

1 comment:

Mbeth said...

isn't it funny, the paranoia that comes with pregnancy.