Monday, February 02, 2009

Whatever I Could Think of

We've been pretty boring recently, but in an effort to keep our blog updated with some recent content, I'll try to think of something to write about.

The past couple weekends we have drifted a little from our normal anti-social routine (we're not anti-social on purpose, but we do tend to keep to ourselves a lot...) and have actually hung out with friends! Two weekends in a row even! Two Saturday's ago we went out to dinner with the Haskins, some friends that live here in Claremont that we have known since we first moved to L.A. We went to a Benihana style restaurant and then went to their house to play Rock Band. It was Robert and I's first experience with Rock Band and we both enjoyed it but I don't think we're going to be investing in a band of our own anytime soon.

This last weekend we had some friends from West L.A., the Mcdowell's, over to our house. I think this was the first time that we actually had friends over to our house (that weren't helping us move furniture or do house repairs). Yay for friends! Their two little girls helped us out by showing us what needed to be kid proofed around the house. I don't know how but they seemed to find all kinds of horrifying stuff outside like rusty nails, screws, and broken sprinklers. Yikes! Luckily they managed to leave our house unscathed and we all had fun seeing each other again and playing games.

In other news, Saturday we also went and took the maternity orientation tour of the hospital. I'm so excited for labor and delivery now! Actually seeing where it was all going to happen got me all pumped up and ready for this to happen. But since I still have two and a half months to go I guess I will just have to contain my excitement for now. I was starting to feel a little bit apprehensive about it all for the first time recently but seeing the hospital and knowing what was going to happen and where we have to go etc. etc. really helped me out. I'm sure I'll start getting nervous again as the time gets closer, but right now my attitude is "All right, let's do this!" Actually, I'm more scared about after the hospital, when they send us home with a newborn baby that is all our responsibility. That's pretty freaky.

3 comments:

Maxine Parrish said...

Good to see you guys are doing well! I'm so excited for you - I remember being super pumped after the hospital tour, too. Good luck on these last 2.5 months!

Mbeth said...

all i can say is try to convince someone (probably your mom) that knows a thing or 2 about babies to spend the first little bit with you at yor house. that helps the stress considerably. and don't worry, even once she leaves you still won't know everything to keep them or you happy, but somehow you all survive.

mini-wheats said...

You will both be wonderful parents!