Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Selfies

Robert "surprised" me with a trip to Paris for our ten year anniversary! I say "surprise" because he planned it and arranged for everything, but told me about it two weeks before we left. I'm a planner and I kept bugging him about making plans for our anniversary (like, choosing a restaurant to go to for a nice dinner...) so he finally told me one night, "We aren't going to be around on our anniversary," and also we need to renew your passport. He didn't tell me where we were going until the next day though after I had been guessing all day. Paris, here we come! 

Robert knew Paris was #1 on list of places I wanted to visit so I was very excited. I've taken six years of French in middle school and high school so I've heard a lot about French language (and yet I speak French pretty awfully), French culture, French architecture, French history, etc. It was so cool to see it all in person!

I blog mostly so I can remember things we have done, and so our families can keep up with what is going on with us. So I'll be blogging a lot about our four days in Paris because I want to remember everything about this trip. Sorry if it's a bit of overload, but this is mostly for me! It was a fantastic, dream come true trip. To start off my Paris series posts, here are all the selfies we took in the various places we were at. (I'll be coming back to blog about each of this places individually)

Selfie in the Catacombs

Selfie in front of Versailles

Selfie in the Hall of Mirrors, Versailles.

Selfie in front of the Arc de Triomphe
 Selfie in front of the Louvre.

Selfie in front of Notre Dame.

 And of course, selfie in front of the Eiffel Tower (on the actual day of our anniversary).


No comments: